At The James Sellicks Group of Companies we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
The James Sellicks Group of Companies has a Data Protection Officer: James Sellicks who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. The Data Protection Officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or James Sellicks Estate Agents, 13 Church Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7AA.
For the avoidance of doubt the James Sellicks Group of Companies consists of:
• James Sellicks Estate Agents Limited
• James Sellicks Lettings Limited
• James Sellicks (Market Harborough) Limited
• James Sellicks Oakham Limited
• James Sellicks Special Projects Limited
• Shire Surveyors Limited
• Eden Financial Consultants Limited
James Sellicks Estate Agents is a trading name of James Sellicks Estate Agents Limited whose registered number is 4601978 in England and Wales and whose registered office is 56 Granby Street, Leicester LE1DH.
James Sellicks Lettings is a trading name of James Sellicks Lettings Limited who registered number is 06517307 in England and Wales and whose registered office is 56 Granby Street, Leicester LE1DH.
James Sellicks Estate Agents is a trading name of James Sellicks (Market Harborough) Limited whose registered number is 5150043 in England and Wales and whose registered office is 13 Church Street, Market Harborough LE16 7AA.
James Sellicks Estate Agents is a trading name of James Sellicks Oakham Limited whose registered number is 08835889 in England and Wales and whose registered office is 56 Granby Street, Leicester LE1DH.
James Sellicks Special Projects is the trading name of James Sellicks Special Projects Limited whose registered number is 3955727 in England and Wales and whose registered office is 56 Granby Street, Leicester LE1 1DH.
Shire Surveyors is the trading name of Shire Surveyors Limited whose registered number is 8589905 in England and Wales and whose registered address is 340 Melton Road, Leicester, LE4 7SL
Eden Financial Consultants is a trading name of Eden Financial Consultants Limited whose registered number is 5661206 and whose registered address is 340 Melton Road, Leicester, LE4 5ZP.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit one of our offices, for example when you:
• Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
• Ask us to value your property
• Sell or buy a property with us
• Ask us to undertake a survey
• Contact us for financial advice
• Interact with us on our social media sites
• We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, identification documentation, financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us or have to provide to us during the course of fulfilling a contract, such as selling, renting, letting or buying a property through us.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier and location data. We also collect information about your website visit including which website pages are accessed, page response times and length of visits to pages.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
The James Sellicks Group of Companies will retain these categories of information. Examples given are not an exhaustive list.
Internal personal information such as:
• Personal preferences
• Likes and dislikes
External personal information, such as
• Information that uniquely or semi-uniquely identifies a specific individual by name, user-name, unique identifier, government issued identification or picture.
• Ethnicity identifying languages spoken in order to communicate with an individual
• Behavioural Information that describes an individual’s behaviour or activity, on-line or off, browsing behaviour, call logs, links clicked.
Historical personal information such as:
• Information about an individual’s personal history such as events that happened in a person’s life, either to them or around them which might influence them or deem them a vulnerable client
Financial personal information such as:
• Information that identifies an individual’s financial account
• Information about an individual’s purchasing, spending or income
• Information about things an individual has owned, rented, borrowed, possessed
• Information about an individual’s reputation with regards to money
Social personal information such as:
• Information about an individual’s educational or professional career
• Information about an individual’s family and relationships such as marriages or offspring
• Information about an individual’s public life
• Information about an individual’s friends or social connections if engaging on social media with us Information communicated from or to an individual such as telephone conversations, emails and letters
Tracking personal information such as:
• Information about a device that an individual uses for personal use, such as IP address when using our website.
• Information that provides a mechanism for contacting an individual such as an email address, physical address, telephone number
• Location information such as an individual’s address
The James Sellicks Group of Companies will retain this information for a minimum period of three months following an initial registration or enquiry and for a maximum period of six years (the limitation period for breach of contract claims) following fulfilment of a contract between the individual(s) and The James Sellicks Group of Companies. The James Sellicks Group of Companies reserves the right to retain information longer than six years in some instances in order to perform necessary specific statutory obligations.
Following an initial enquiry or registration you will be contacted periodically in order for The James Sellicks Group of Companies to keep your details or requirements to date.
Special category Data
Special category data is more sensitive, and needs more protection. This type of data could create more significant risks to a person’s fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, by putting them at risk of unlawful discrimination. For example, information about an individual’s:
• ethnic origin;
• trade union membership;
• financial details
• identity documentation and visas
• biometrics (where used for ID purposes);
• sex life; or
• sexual orientation
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
We may use your name, telephone number, address and contact details for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and The James Sellicks Group of Companies such as providing you with products and services you have requested, visiting and arranging viewings of your property. Our legal basis for this use is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
We may use your name, telephone number, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests and arranging visits to your property by our staff. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in the course of The James Sellicks Group of Companies business in response to customer enquiries or requests.
We may use your name, telephone number, email address and postal address to provide you with information regarding similar goods and services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, (namely the ongoing marketing of our goods and services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our goods and services and/or who have expressed an interest in those goods and services).
Where an individual has entered into a contract with The James Sellicks Group of Companies or have provided you with services, we may use your name, telephone number, email address or postal address to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely evaluating and where necessary improving the quality of our service provision with a view to promoting the success of our business and positive customer relationships.
Where an individual is party to an existing contract with us or regularly enter into contracts with us for our goods and services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or telephone number to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of our services. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the administration and management of our business contracts and relationships.
We may use an individual’s name, email address, telephone number and postal address to send you marketing communications, if you have chosen to receive these by explicit consent. These may include information about properties for rent or for sale, the current property market, promotions or offers. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
We may use an individual’s identity documents such as passports, driving licences, utility bills, bank statements, third party referencing or visas to verify your identity, legal status or right to rent where an individual is entering into a contract with The James Sellicks Group of Companies. Our legal basis for this use is compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject.
We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to administer our site and for troubleshooting, testing, research and statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics, a third-party website monitoring tool. Our legal basis for this is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring the use of our software and IT systems, improving our website, measure or understand the effectiveness of our own advertising activity. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests and consent.
The James Sellicks Group of Companies may analyse the personal information we collect directly from you and obtain using automated technical means to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you (if you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us).
The James Sellicks Group of Companies may also use any of your personal information that we collect from you directly and additional information about you from external sources where necessary to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk. These sources include The Landmark Group, Land Registry and Homelet. Land Registry is a publicly accessible source. Our legal basis for this use of your personal information is our legal basis for this use is compliance with a legal obligations to which we are subject.
Who has access to information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. Your information will only be accessible by The James Sellicks Group of Companies.
We may pass your information to third party service providers, who are GDPR compliant including but not limited to: contractors working on our behalf for the purposes of completing legitimate tasks and providing services to you.
• Arch Creative Consultants – a marketing agency providing The James Sellicks Group of Companies with marketing communications
• The London Office – our London based office
• EHouse – a professional property photography and floorplan provider
• BPS Energy – a floorplan and EPC provider
• Jack Fairy - a floorplan and EPC provider
• Helium Media – a professional drone video and photography provider
• Stu Williamson Photography – a professional photographer
• Ultima Computer Systems – our IT provider
• Aikonu Limited – our email system provider
• Mary Cooper – our bookkeeper
• Horizon Limited – our telephone system provider
• ZPG – our software provider
James Sellicks Lettings – Registered contractors for property maintenance:
• Manor Property Solutions Ltd – general property maintenance
• R J Carpentry & Joinery – general property maintenance
• Premier Plumbing & Heating – gas safety inspections
• P J W Services – appliance repair specialist
• Acclimatized Refrigeration Ltd - appliance repair specialist
• Servo Rod – drainage company
• Reliance Service – oil heating engineer
• Pascoe’s Painting & Decorating – decorating services
• Orchard House and Home – cleaning services
• Stamford Plumbing - plumbing and gas engineer
• Richgas – plumbing and gas engineer
• GasNation - plumbing and gas engineer
• Dampco (UK) Ltd – Surveyor
• Tim Challoner Ltd. Group – pest controller
• Carl’s Aerials – aerial engineer
• Mittons – carpet fitter
• Houseland Carpets – carpet fitter
• Butlin Property Services – property management company
• Hunter Grey Property Management Ltd – property management company
• Ward Surveyors Ltd – property management company
• Westmanor Properties – property management company
• Breedon Electrical Services Ltd – electrician
• Through the Keyhole Inventory Services – inventories and check-outs
In some circumstances we are required under our statutory obligations to pass your details onto:
• HomeLet – referencing and insurance provider.
• The Dispute Service Limited – government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme.
• Local Authorities – to advise of change of occupancy and to assist with investigations as part of their duties in enforcing housing law.
• Utility companies – to advise of change of occupancy and to assist to recover outstanding invoices due to them.
• Home Office – to carry out landlords’ checking service and checks under the Immigration legistlation regarding your ‘right to rent’ in the UK we are legally obliged to give details of who is living in the property and what documents we have relating to them.
• HMRC – to provide details of Non-Resident Landlords and to assist with tax investigations.
We will not disclose personal information about you without your permission unless it is required by law.
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and otherwise use your information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of The James Sellicks Group of Companies as set out in this policy insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to our insurers and /or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. When we collect your data, you can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our emails.
To access the information we hold about you and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions such as those bound by legal obligations to which we are subject.
To rectification of the information we hold about you.
In certain circumstances, to restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply such as those bound by legal obligations to which we are subject.
Where our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract and we process it by automated means, to be provided with the personal information we hold about you in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit the information to another controller.
To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affecting you, subject to certain exceptions.
Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
To exercise any of these rights, email us at email@example.com or write to us at James Sellicks Estate Agents, 56 Granby Street, Leicester LE1 1DH. In addition, you can exercise your right to object to direct marketing at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the relevant UK supervisory authority) can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse or alteration. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the internet.
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have been or viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on the Cookies we use, visit our Cookies Policy.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, but only those within our group of companies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated May 2018.
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk.